The objective of hormone optimization involves evaluation of whether the level of hormones in an individual’s body is lower than their optimum threshold point and if yes, treating the issue backed by a custom plan as necessary to uplift the required hormone balance its restore its normal functioning. According to Evan Bass Men’s Clinic, there are different causes that people face hormonal imbalances throughout their lives.
Consequently, the lack of balance in these vital hormones results in multiple complications such as stress, weight gain, loss of libido, and more. To get rid of such complications and lead a healthy life, HRT happens to be a great option. Depending on individual issues, the treatment might either replace the ineffective hormones or supplement the under-producing hormones and help patients get back to their normal lives.
How Is Hormone Deficiency Diagnosed?
Individuals who experience symptoms like a shift in mood, sleep pattern, bone loss, fatigue, and low sex desire should contact medical clinics like Evan Bass Men’s Clinic for a physical test followed by a consultancy. Usually, the doctors ask about the medical history, consider the age of the patient, inquire about the duration of the symptoms, check the severity of the issues, and accordingly suggest necessary diagnostic tests. Typically hormonal deficiency is diagnosed by blood tests.
What is The Most Advanced Form of HRT?
Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) has emerged as the most advanced form of HRT. Unlike traditional HRT which adopts animal-derived or synthetic hormones, BHRT uses organic hormones derived from plant life. BHRT has been established to enhance well-being in people with hormonal deficiency and by restoring the balance it can provide victims with a quality life.
Why Is Hormone Optimization Important?
The following are the key reasons:
- Physical Health: Hormones play a significant role in the regulation of energy production, and metabolism, and in the effective functioning of different organs and tissues in humans. An appropriate balance of hormone levels is integral for having healthy cardiovascular health, muscle mass, body weight, and bone mineral density.
- Reproductive Health:in maintaining the reproductive system and its process in males the role played by hormones is immense. While the FSH hormone produced by the pituitary gland is vital to producing sperm, the balance of LH hormone is much needed to let the spermatogenesis process continue. Thirdly and most importantly, testosterone male sex hormone produced in testacies is responsible for developing certain mannish characteristics including muscle mass, fat distribution, and sex drive. It regulates menstrual cycles, ovulation, fertility, and pregnancy in women.
- Mental Health:An imbalance of hormones is likely to impact mood, emotions as well as overall mental well-being. Lack of balance in serotonin, cortisol, and dopamine hormones is instrumental to mood disorders including anxiety, stress, depression, etc.
- Cognitive Function:An appropriate balance of testosterone Hormones is associated with maintaining cognitive functions including memory, learning, and concentration. Optimal hormone level is vital for cognitive health throughout life.
- Bone Health:Both hormones estrogen and testosterone respectively female and male sex hormones play a major role in preserving bone density. An imbalance if not treated in time can lead to issues like osteoporosis.
- Aging:By nature, hormone levels decline with aging. Considering Hormone optimization is a popular choice that helps alleviate certain effects of aging, including muscle loss, reduced energy levels, changes in skin health, sexual health, mental health, and more.
It is worth noting that hormone optimization therapy should be administered under the expert physicians’ guidance. Hormone levels should be evaluated through necessary lab test and treatment method needs to be tailored based on a person’s specific health status and needs.